Equestrians who want to stretch their dollars in search for the right saddle should always consider high quality used horse saddles. It's a cost-effective alternative to new expensive models. Savvy shoppers have long recognized the advantages of buying pre-owned saddles.
We feature a great selection of used English jumping, hunter, dressage and all-purpose saddles through our partnership with Horse Saddle Shop - a customer friendly industry leader.
Each second-hand saddle is thoroughly inspected, deep cleaned, and reconditioned by their saddle experts - ready to meet your approval. Free shipping and a 2-week return policy.
Check out today's selection of quality used English saddles here!
Why Purchase Used Horse Saddles?
Why settle for a lesser brand, when you can own a pre-owned Bates, a Collegiate or an Anky? The knowledgeable consumer has an opportunity to find some genuine bargains with used saddles. A generic saddle can be inferior in both materials and construction. Good quality used English saddles present an opportunity to step up to a great brand name saddle, or perhaps even a top quality handmade saddle in your price range.
Tips For Purchasing Used English Saddles
- There are as many types and brands of saddles as there are breeds of horses - from used dressage saddles to used jumping saddles. For example, many riders who perform in English pleasure riding also enjoy trail riding – and they find the comfort and versatility of a used Australian saddle to be the perfect fit. Make sure to identify your riding requirements and unite your saddle to those specifications.
- Determine the size of the seat that will work best for you. If you need help to correctly figure your seat size you can visit Horse Saddle Shop for detailed instructions on measurements.
- Pay close attention to the type, width and angle of saddle tree to help your horse perform to his maximum potential. Comfort matters!
- Inquire about the age and condition of any used English saddles that you’re considering for purchase. Even in the show ring, minor blemishes can be accepted as long as saddle performance isn’t compromised.
- Don’t bust your budget with expensive shipping charges! Find a merchant that offers free shipping and use the extra cash towards your used saddle purchase.
Need Assistance Selling An English Saddle?
If you're thinking of selling your own used saddle, you may enjoy the consignment program at Horse Saddle Shop. They can assist you in listing your saddle with great exposure. Be sure to check out their selection of new and used English saddles for sale while visiting!
Can’t figure Out the Correct Saddle Size?
Horse Saddle Shop has measurement information on their site that can assist you in your search for the right saddle. You can try their online "Saddle Expert System," or just give them a call! You'll receive top-notch customer service every time.
You may also be interested in a good used western saddle.